Wind ripped through the rigging. Because wind was strong blowing cold, sheets with extended billows were stiff, unyielding. Men struggled to reef them. Gale and mounting surge were increasing. The ship pitched and rolled. Sleet and ice in halyards encrusted blocks, covered lines. North Atlantic weather and water were assaulting forces. Both gave the ship and crew no quarter; it tried their captain. Lars Nielsen welcomed the fight. He enjoyed the challenge for such had never beaten him. This Danish ship and crew would survive. Ten years he’d been captain never having lost a command, yet this weather and sea were bad giving indication of becoming worse, which warning signed greater battle still to come. Officers and crew were capable. Together they had experienced like conditions before. Brig Copenhagen was a fine vessel, a ship that answered smartly to the wheel. She’d bring them safely to Halifax, Nova Scotia.

Wind ripped through the rigging. Because wind was strong blowing cold, sheets with extended billows were stiff, unyielding. Men struggled to reef them. Gale and mounting surge were increasing. The ship pitched and rolled. Sleet and ice in halyards encrusted blocks, covered lines. North Atlantic weather and water were assaulting forces. Both gave the ship and crew no quarter; it tried their captain. Lars Nielsen welcomed the fight. He enjoyed the challenge for such had never beaten him. This Danish ship and crew would survive. Ten years he’d been captain never having lost a command, yet this weather and sea were bad giving indication of becoming worse, which warning signed greater battle still to come. Officers and crew were capable. Together they had experienced like conditions before. Brig Copenhagen was a fine vessel, a ship that answered smartly to the wheel. She’d bring them safely to Halifax, Nova Scotia.
edited Jul 30 at 5:41 am

Perhaps this should be a Snap Story rather than Free Verse as the format is prose. Nice post and welcome aboard! Cheers, John

Perhaps this should be a Snap Story rather than Free Verse as the format is prose. Nice post and welcome aboard! Cheers, John
edited Jul 30 at 3:46 am

Where do I find Snap Story so I can post to that.

ramfire

Where do I find Snap Story so I can post to that. ramfire

It is in the category list which is alphabetical. I have changed the category for you. I hope you don't mind. Otherwise I can change it back. Cheers!

It is in the category list which is alphabetical. I have changed the category for you. I hope you don't mind. Otherwise I can change it back. Cheers!

I've got it mate. And I'll be thanking you now.

ramfire

I've got it mate. And I'll be thanking you now. ramfire

views
replies
followers
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft